Monday, December 1, 2008

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTIANMAS/KWANZA/CHANUKKKKKAKAKA/MLK DAY: THE OREGON TRAIL

Is it really too much to ask today's super hacker computer whiz geek folk out there to make an original Oregon Trail app (none of that OT 2, 3, 4, or 5 crap or the newer mobile phone version) which can easily be played on my stupid ipod touch? I'm not talking some jailbroken only homebrew hack that only works on the every 3rd day of the month if Jupiter is in the sky and I gain the ability to never update my firmware or else it'll crush the basement made hack and everything on the ipod. I'm talking about a dumb ol' download which does the deed and brings me the handheld joy I so crave. Is it really asking for the world? And while I'm waiting, how about making it so that the online emulator works for a goddamn Mac. C'mon now. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

15 comments:

Fiend Without A Face said...

Goddammit, people are trying to cure cancer and shit! Priorities man!

That and like a lot of other things, will Oregon Trail still be good, or is it the memory that is good?

I guess you can't play Thule Trail on the ol' iPod?

Ack Ack Ack said...

Fuck the Thule Trail. Though you can play dice games in parking lots if you're lucky. Murph won a few bucks the one time I played it and JP got his finger stuck in a soda bottle. It was uncanny.

Fact: THE OREGON TRAIL IS STILL AS AWESOME AS IT WAS A MILLION YEARS AGO!

Fiend Without A Face said...

It seemed like Thule Trail was far easier than Oregon Trail.

The reward at the end was a Phish concert or something. I think that speaks greatly about how far America as a country has fallen.

Exhibit A for Operation: Society Reset is still Black Friday stampede killings.

Anonymous said...

That is a true fact.

Anonymous said...

Yes, need Oregon Trail, totally need it.

Found something amazing...


truly old school - Rogue


The case for the iphone/touch is on the rise, firebreathing ducks and evil "d"s, I don't know how much more I can contain my excitement.

Ack Ack Ack said...

It may hold me for awhile. Asterisks are cool and all. Still no Oregon Trail or Odell Lake...

Anonymous said...

Rogue seems to have the same ending as Oregon Trail.

Anonymous said...

Oregon trail cant hold a candle to Sopwith.

fording the river sucked. i always got toasted. i usually caught dysentery as well. couldn't your kids and animals die in that game?

katherine said...

I spent the end of my Thanksgiving weekend playing Uno on Man-meat's ipod touch. I was addicted. Despite my destitution, I would by an ipod touch of my very own if I could play myself some Oregon trail (because I don't want to die from a snake bite on a wagon train in real life, and, if I had to, I would definitely want to be surrounded by people named after a combination of characters from Jane Austen novels and Star Trek).

Unknown said...

Cohen has cholera?
I never would have let him eat over had I known.

Unknown said...

Curren is also afflicted by an acute case of hairiness...

Anonymous said...

"Curren is also afflicted by a cute case of hairiness..."

I fixed your typo.

Unknown said...

Hahaha...many pardons!

Anonymous said...

Don't catch feelings Lobot, you typed it right the 1st time...

Anonymous said...

Hey that other Ty wasn't even me! Take that other other Ty. We are growing in numbers!