Thursday, December 18, 2008

!!! LETTER$ FROM $ANTA !!!

Despite the Snuggie campaign reaching a fever pitch in my junkmail zone, there's still plenty of other crap that makes its way in there. Here's today's big money grab. Generic fill in the blank pieces of paper!

Bah Humbug. (the Dickens meaning)


ONLY TEN BUCKS A THROW!
AUTHENTIC NORTH POLE STAMP!
(Up to Dec 9th. Still charges you though. Small print central.)
GENERIC SHIT!
WIN FOR THE KIDZ!
30 BUCKS GETS YOU...
AN EXTRA PIECE OF PAPER!

4 comments:

Fiend Without A Face said...

What, no Jingle Jangle postmark?

Anonymous said...

Jeebus. They wouldn't send out this shit if people weren't buying it.

Same with the Junk Jangler 3000 -- there must be a market. Maybe it's like Murphy said, the thirsty Monsters of the world love the JJ3000's frothy brew.

I can't believe I just wrote that...I'm going to hell.

Fiend Without A Face said...

Just recently I saw two news stories about some chick in Oregon that lost something like $400,000 to the Nigerian email scam and another one about how UCLA (or Stanford, one of them hippy-dippy southern California schools) did an experiment with scam emails that only had one response per million emails sent out.

You figure like a couple of hours of work, then just let the servers grind it out, and free money? Wow.

Anonymous said...

I know as a child I would not have believed Santa had actually written to me unless there was authentic North Pole postage. Oh wait, I'm wrong, that would never happen.

Remember in the '80s there was a toll number to 'call' Santa, and kids didn't even have to dial, just hold the phone up to the TV and it played a tone sequence that dialed the number. EVIL!