Wednesday, June 9, 2010

STAND UP AND PAY $22.

Ugh. Not only is it a Twilight photo op, but it's a photo op with Kristen-stutter-actor-superstar-Stewart sporting some legendary DC stylings. Sure she plays Joan Jett in that movie and probably borrowed it from wardrobe (given that she had a Specials and a Joy Division shirt on as well in the same time frame) - but that song didn't even exist (81) in the timeframe of The Runaways (79). Let alone a T-shirt. Get 'em while Hot Topic still gots 'em. Bah. Yes, the photo is a year old, I am slow.
In other terrible things that teen-girls endorse and perpetuate news, have a look see at these rock and roll starz that make boatloads of cash. This Hawthorne Heights photo is #1 fun. 2nd from the left makes it so that I can't see from all the tears of laughter. "Mmeeeeh, hello, I have feeeelings. I am in a mallpunk band and want to touch your feeeeeelings. Maaaeh." And th eone dude peering in from behind looks like blonde Jake. Jake is in lots of shitty bands it seems. Plus there's a new awesome video to make fun of! Not only does the song title raise some WTFs, but the make-up is pretty great. I wonder if they even know that they are stepping on the toes of giants. These guys need to become skeletons for real.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we send Robo after them?

Chris Horse said...

I think this says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jonlajoie#p/u/6/ijr4rwb2WbE

Murphy said...

That dude is very Jake indeed.

Anonymous said...

"Aw, look, the little sheep are cute. And the black one who isn't following anyone is like me and how I do whatever I want. So awesome, I'm wearing this on the red carpet for a TWILIGHT movie! And I'm totally going to lie and say I'm not dating the the vampire guy, even though there are pics of us making out everywhere. Fans are stupid but I am so cool and old school and this sheep shirt represents that in me, but I'm definitely going to find some way to show my belly. Nothing says 'rebel' like starring in those incredibly popular TWILIGHT movies based on the incredibly popular books!"

JakeLandis said...

Someone at the ottobar really thought I was that guy... They played a show with Planes mistaken for Stars back in the day. Very strange crowd. I don't really see it.

Fiend Without A Face said...

I should pick up an issue of MRR (is that even still around?) and play 'Where's Waldo/Jake?'

Now I feel like I need to Photoshop Jake into every band photo I see now.