Thursday, July 22, 2010

FINALLY, THAT JUNKFEST CARTOON KNOWN AS "FILMATION'S GHOSTBUSTERS" IS EXPLAINED. 10 YEAR OLD ME CAN REST EASIER.

It always made my head hurt. It generally came on before something I wanted to watch. It often ruined my morning. And it sucked. Yes, Filmation's crummy cartoon version of the Ghostbusters that haunted our childhood - is actually the original version. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. (A monkey that drives a car and wears a goofy fucking beanie.) And all this time I thought it was the lousy knock-off. Lookit! WE'RE THE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTBUSTERS.


Whilst in production on the film Ghoststoppers, the folks working on it woke up to just how retarded that sounded and swapped it to Ghostbusters. But, a bit later they learned there already was a show called Ghostbusters from many years earlier. The only good thing to come from that show: Rick Baker made the gorilla suit. So, they bought them bitches out and yanked the name. Of course this didn't stop Filmation from slapping their name on shit and trying to cash in on the film's later success with a cartoon. And thus, this trainwreck of a shit-toon was born.
Dig up some more funtastic factoids about Ghostbuster you prolly never knew over at Neatorama.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will forever correlate "Filmation's Ghostbusters" with the time I was gorging myself on potato skins while watching it and made myself barf.

When I smell potato skins, I still see that stupid blond dude. (Not the gorilla, unfortunately.)

Chris Horse said...

I watched Ghostbusters (The real Bill Murray version) every day I stayed home 'sick' from school. As such, I've seen it well over a hundred times.

I rate this as one off my greatest achievements.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...my brow of confusion has come unfurrowed. But my back hair of ire remains raised. It always bugged me that Venkman (on the Real Ghostbusters was voiced by Garfield. AND...apparently Ernie Hudson failed to get the job of impersonating himself...so, Arsenio Hall got the job as Winston. AND! For the comic/sci-fi geeks...which covers most of you, J. Michael Straczynski was the writer for many episodes.

Ack Ack Ack said...

Puking is what my brain does inside it's soupy prison each time that Filmation cartoon is on.

GoGo, your greatest achievement was getting stuck behind the printer that one time.

The Real Ghostbusters cartoon was way rad, probably my 1st honest brush with Cthulhu as a child:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5YUuHFObwc&NR=1#t=2m40s

Anonymous said...

"The Collect Call of Cthulhu" ... hehe.

Chris Horse said...

Re: printer.

Ahem.


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Chris Horse said...

Also, something else I bet you DID NOT KNOW:

Author extraordinaire Dan Abnett wrote a Real Ghostbusters book!

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Ghostbusters-Hard-Days-Fright/dp/1845761405/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_12